Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, Thank You's and other stuff

Photo credit: Neil Hayes
2010 how I loved thee, but I'm looking forward to 2011.

I don't know about everyone else, but 2010 was a good year for me (the even years always are). I got to see Paris, joined a fabulous critique group (YAFF), my mom moved home to Oregon after being gone for eight years, and I got through my first term of grad school.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has been a part of this wonderful year.

I must thank my awesome husband who is unfailingly supportive of me and who I can share the dream of being a writer with. Also, thank you for all the things you do for me. Your thoughtfulness does not go unnoticed, I promise. Especially thanks for all the dinners and lunches, without which, I'd probably eat out of boxes.

I must thank my family. Especially my mom, who has been a cheerleader for me my entire life. I'm so thrilled to have you home and I love that we can bump into one another at Fred Meyer. It's a weird but awesome feeling.

I must thank my friends who I have confided the big secret of my writing. They have surprised me in more ways than one with their support and encouragement. It's a hard thing (at least for me) to say it out loud. Especially to those who have never known that sort of creative side to me. I am grateful to have been able to share this side of myself with you all.

I must thank my fabulous critique group. Without these ladies' insight, help, encouragement and support, I would never have grown as a writer. There is nothing else in the world like being part of a group of people that share the same goal. Thank you for sharing your writing with me and thanks for allowing me to share mine. I am glad to call you all friends.

And finally, I must thank then entire community of writers out there. From YALITCHAT, to blogs like Fiction Groupie, Adventures in Children's Publishing, to Read Now Sleep Later. The wealth of information and good spirits helped keep me alfoat during periods of self doubt and writer's block.

I welcome the new year and can't wait to see what it brings. I hope everyone has a safe and happy one!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the sweet sentiments, Miranda! We love the writing community and have met so many amazing people since we began ACP. Hugs and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Miranda. It's wonderful to have all that support and encouragement. We're part of such a great community. Hope your 2011 is filled with inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((Hugs)), it's been awesome getting to know you too! And I'm glad you're sharing your writing, it's fabulous.

    Can't wait to read more of your new story lady! Congrats on getting through your first year of grad school.

    2011 is going to be our year, I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete